If you are planning on buying protein for your next meal, you may be wondering how you’ll choose from all the varieties available. Just looking at the packaging may not tell you as much about this important staple in your meal as you might like. Fortunately, you have an experienced individual on your side who can help you determine what you should choose: your butcher.
- Food Grades – When you look at food grades, you may feel like you’re reading a foreign language. Your butcher can help to decipher this code, so you understand the quality of the meat you are choosing and how to achieve maximum flavor during the cooking process.
- Meat Source – Your butcher can also explain where your protein is sourced from (i.e. locally, regionally, or nationally) so you can determine whether this matches your own standards for meat consumption.
- Quality Cuts – If you have a specific cut in mind for your next meal, your butcher may be able to provide custom cuts that help you achieve culinary success.
- Maintaining Freshness – If you don’t plan to cook your meat right away, make sure to ask your butcher about maintaining the freshness of your protein while it’s in the fridge. This will help you maintain safety and flavor.
- Completed Meals – If you know which protein your craving but you aren’t sure what will go well as a completed dish, your butcher can make some suggestions that will bring your entire meal together.
At The Butcher’s Market, we have a variety of resources to help you get your next meal going well, and we’ll be happy to answer your questions about our meat products and produce. Come by and see us today to discuss your meal plans and to choose from our high-quality meats.