Getting dinner on the table quickly doesn’t have to involve running through a fast food drive-thru or even grabbing a pre-cooked chicken at your typical grocery outlet. With the use of a pressure cooker, you can cook chicken breasts in just 8 minutes if fresh or 10 minutes from frozen state. Here are a few ideas to get you started, so you’ll always have chicken breast recipes on hand that your family will love. In each case, lay boneless chicken breasts in a single layer in the bottom of the pot and add one cup broth. Choose from one of the suggestions below, or use your own imagination to create something special.
- Lemon Chicken – Add lemon slices, 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves, and a half teaspoon each of garlic powder and smoked paprika, and red chili flakes to taste. If you like it extra lemony, use additional lemon juice and zest.
- Italian Chicken – Add 1 or 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, a few leaves of fresh basil or a tablespoon of your favorite basil pesto. Once chicken is done, you can add some cream to the broth and thicken with a bit of corn starch, if a creamy sauce is desired.
- Pineapple Chicken – Substitute pineapple juice for the broth or use half of each. Add a couple cloves of minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Pineapple chunks can also be added for additional flavor.
- Tarragon Chicken – Add a couple cloves of minced or sliced garlic and a teaspoon of dried tarragon, along with salt and pepper to taste. Diced onion, carrots, and celery make nice additions to this dish.
- Curry Chicken – Cut up one pound of chicken breasts into bite-size pieces before putting into the pressure cooker. Add 3 tablespoons of curry powder (mild or hot, depending on your taste), one can of coconut milk instead of the broth, one can of pineapple chunks, one small diced onion, one tablespoon of grated fresh ginger, one small red bell pepper cut into pieces, and salt and pepper to taste. You should reduce time to 5 minutes, since the chicken is cut up and won’t need as long to cook.
You can’t go wrong with hardly any combination of vegetables, spices, and herbs. Experiment with marinades and seasonings to find your family’s favorite. The key to a delicious meal is getting quality chicken breasts that will stay juicy and delicious when cooked in a pressure cooker. Get your freshest chicken breasts here at The Butcher’s Market, and we are confident your family will love the results. We also offer a variety of seasonings and marinades that can help you create your own unique chicken breast recipes.